I saw a recent article in Science mag about using electric shocks to boost mental abilities. Interesting article in itself but what really caught my attention was this sentence:
“The electrical current slowly ramped up to about 1 milliamp—a tiny fraction of the voltage of an AA battery:”
I know the level of science education in the US is in decline but I didn’t realize it was this bad. I am actually quite shocked (excuse the pun) that this level of ignorance actually made its way in the premier science magazine in the US, possibly the second most important science magazine in the world.